Along with being a popular beach destination, Laguna beach is also famous for its ruthless summers. The temperature usually stays above 44°F resulting in sweltering days throughout the summer. But what if the AC that is your source of comfort during this difficult weather suddenly gives up one day? If you have started looking for ac service in Laguna beach, hold on! Did you know that most of the gadgets start working with a simple restart or reset?
Sometimes your AC is set to the cool mode yet it doesn’t start cooling the houseHowever, if this, too, doesn’t fix your problem, you may need help from an air conditioning contractor in Laguna beach.
Resetting An AC With a Reset Button
Sometimes your AC is set to the cool mode yet it doesn’t start cooling the house. It may also happen that during a power outage, the protection circuit breaker has kicked in. In such cases, trying the steps below can do the work easily:
- Most importantly, turn off the Air conditioning system for your own safety
- Commonly, AC units have a small red reset button. Start looking for this reset button. Refer to the AC manual for quicker access.
- Unplug the AC from the wall socket and wait for 20 seconds, then plug it again.
- Hold the reset button for a period of 3-5 seconds, the AC unit should start automatically.
If this doesn’t work, you need to reset the circuit breaker that is preventing AC from functioning properly. Set the thermostat to off position and search for the circuit breaker box in the house. Usually, it might be in the basement or closets.
- The circuit breaker box has labels for each equipment’s circuit control
- Locate the AC unit control and turn it off, wait for 30 seconds
- Turn the circuit control and thermostat on again
- Set the temperature and wait for the AC to cool
If even the above steps don’t fetch any luck, the technicians of an ac service in Laguna beach can resolve the issues.
Resetting An AC Unit Manually
Few AC units might not have a reset button requiring some extra steps to be followed while resetting.
- Cut off the power supply to the outdoor compressor
- Next, you need to shut off the power supply from the circuit breaker as well
- Unplug the unit for 20-30 minutes so that all power is drained out
- After 30 minutes, turn everything back on, set the AC to cool
If you suspect strange noises from the unit, you should leave it to ac service in laguna beach to fix the problems. You must not try to reset an air conditioning unit in case of a short circuit and immediately seek professional help.
South County air services is a premier air conditioning contractor in laguna beach. It provides all AC services such as AC maintenance, AC tune-up, AC repair, etc. With more than 20 years of experience, the technicians of south county deliver exceptional services. Dial (949) 504-4443 and get in touch with the most affordable ac service in laguna beach.