Furnace Installation In Irvine, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Newport Beach, CA and Surrounding Areas
Furnace Guide and Knowledge
One of the most important factor to consider for a furnace in order to have the right heating unit for your home is to know some of the basics of furnaces and heating systems. Heating systems are mandatory for every home and need to be maintained yearly by professional and qualified company.
South county air services can provide an excellent and pleasant experience for installations, repairs, and services of any kind of heating unit in Orange County area. Call us for the Best Furnace Installation In Irvine, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Newport Beach, CA and Surrounding Areas.
Heating units are classified by BTU (BRITISH THERMAL UNIT) and defined as the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
Minimum efficiency for residential furnaces are 80% AFUE (ANNUAL FUEL UTILIZATION EFFICIENCY) VS up to 98.7% AFUE . In standard efficiency furnaces, 80% of the energy produce by natural gas and heating home and the remaining 20% is expelled as exhaust, so having a Higher efficiency furnace means saving more money and wasting less energy.
Central Heating System and Furnace
There are several types of furnace is available but most common furnace in southern California is natural gas , and electric furnace
- Natural gas furnace
- Electric furnace
- Propane and electric furnace
- Oil furnace
South county air services can make these choices easy by helping home owners take the best option and heating element that is right for you.
Heating Efficiency Factors
Absolutely when you buy any appliance in the modern-day, they come with several options and efficiencies that can save you energy, money, and guarantee longevity for the product.
What should homeowner know when it comes to replacing the heating unit is:
- Location of furnace
Furnaces come with several options and features ranging from 80% up to 98.7% Single-stage heating or two-stage heating. The blower fans come at single, multi, or variable speeds.
Single-stage furnaces only have full blast for the setting. When this furnace is working its blowing hot air into your home and Heat elements can’t be change or reduce (always is on max capacity)
Two-stage furnace or heating has two different stages or levels that will be adjusted by a smart control board in the furnace . This type furnace has a gas valve that is designed for two stage heating from HI to LOW . Full blast first and then slows gas pressure which is what makes this furnace so quiet and efficient.
Single speed blower fan motors usually comes with a standard furnace multi-speed blower fan motors come with two or four speeds and are able to be change on A/C or Heating usage.
Most of the time low speed is sufficient for heating your home but when it comes to A/C multi speed blower fan motors or variable speed blowers, it can be a real game-changer.
Variable-speed blower fan: This is a most efficient fan and it can change your comfort completely while saving you huge money.the most quiet fan motors are ideal for people sensitive to noise because most of the time they are running on lower speeds . Based on your desired temperature, blower motors increase the speed and when they are close to reaching the temperature you have set, your thermostat control will reduce speed by itself.
NOTE: Having a Variable speed furnace or air handler require proper ductwork and design ( HVAC ENGINEERING )
CFM is short for cubic feet per minute (cu ft/min). It is a measurement of the velocity at which air flows into or out of a space. The CFM measurement often is used in reference to a computer’s cooling system, and more typically in reference to an air-cooling system that is supporting overclocking.
Luckily in South County Air Services you don’t have to worry about this factor because of our professional technician’s provides you with a great peace of mind and we will design the best possible heating and air conditioning that suits your needs.
When is the time for replacing my furnace?
The average life expectancy of furnaces in homes today is between 16 and 20 years. If your furnace is close to this age or older, you should begin shopping. Shopping for a replacement furnace in an emergency does not allow time to make your best decision.
Safety: Don’t store anything flammable or combustible near or around your furnace to avoid a furnace fire. Keep the area around your furnace clean and unobstructed.
Install a carbon monoxide detector in your home, and check to make sure it’s working properly at least once a month during the winter season.
Heat Exchanger or firebox: A furnace’s heat exchanger is a set of tubes or coils that are looped repeatedly through the airflow inside your furnace for the purpose of heating air. Simply put, the furnace heat exchanger is the part of your furnace that actually heats the air.