Your furnace plays a crucial role in maintaining a comfortable living space, especially during the winter season. It’s responsible for providing heat to keep your family warm and comfortable. So, it’s vital that you keep it in quality working condition. South County Air Services is one of the best heating companies in Mission Viejo, providing efficient furnace installation. Our technicians are certified and have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right.
There are several signs that it’s time for an upgrade, including the following:
- Furnace is more than 15 years old: The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years. If yours is approaching or has surpassed this age, it’s time to start considering replacing it.
- Paying more for repairs: As furnaces age, they become less efficient and require more repairs. If you find yourself spending more and more on furnace repairs, it’s probably time to replace the unit.
- Furnace isn’t heating your home evenly: An inefficient furnace will have trouble heating your home evenly. If you notice that some rooms are too hot while others are too cold, it’s a sign that your furnace isn’t working as efficiently as it should be.
- The furnace makes strange sounds: If your furnace makes unusual banging, popping, or squeaking sounds, it’s a sign that something is wrong. These sounds usually indicate that the furnace is beginning to wear out.
- Visible signs of rust or corrosion: Rust and corrosion are signs that your furnace is beginning to break down. If you see these signs, it’s time to replace the furnace before it completely breaks down.
- The furnace ignites with a delay: If there’s a delay between when you turn on the furnace and when it ignites, it’s a sign that the furnace is struggling to function. It is usually an indication that it’s time for a new furnace.
- The furnace produces carbon monoxide: Furnaces can produce carbon monoxide when not functioning smoothly. If you notice any strange symptoms like headaches, nausea, or dizziness, it could be a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning, and you should leave the house immediately and call for help.
- Increased energy bills: An old or inefficient heating unit will use more energy to heat your home, which will show up on your energy bill. If you notice a sudden spike in your energy usage, it could be a sign that you need a new furnace.
If you’re experiencing any of these furnace problems, it’s time to call South County Air Services for furnace repair in Irvine, CA, and the surrounding areas. Don’t wait until your furnace completely breaks down before taking action. A new furnace will not only keep your home more comfortable, but it will also save you money on energy bills in the long run. So if you need a new furnace, contact us at (949) 933-3130 to schedule an appointment.