Is your home still feeling cold despite your furnace running? You may need to reset your heating system. But don’t worry if you’re unsure of how to do so, as the experts at South County Air Services, a reliable heating repair company in Irvine, CA, can help. Our team offers quality heating services to ensure your comfort. Contact us at (949) 933-3130 for assistance with resetting your heating unit and staying warm during the colder months.
Resetting your heating system can vary based on the type of unit you have. Here are a few methods to try:
- Check the pilot light: If you have a gas furnace, first check the pilot light. Use the directions in your owner’s manual to relight it if it goes out.
- Check the oil level: If you have an oil furnace, check the oil level. If your oil level is low, add more until it reaches the fill line indicated in your owner’s manual.
- Check the circuit breaker: The first thing you should do if your electric furnace isn’t working is to check the circuit breaker. If it has tripped, reset it and see if that does the trick.
- Check the air filter: The first thing you should do if your heat pump isn’t working is to check the air filter. A dirty air filter can block airflow and cause your heat pump to work harder than necessary, which can lead to it shutting down.
- Check the thermostat: The initial step to take if your thermostat is malfunctioning is to check the batteries. If the batteries are dead, replace them and see if that does the trick.
- Turn off the power: Once you’ve checked the air filter and thermostat, if your heat pump still isn’t working, try resetting the power by turning off the switch or breaker that supplies electricity to your heat pump, then turn it back on after 30 seconds.
If you’ve tried all these methods and your heating system still isn’t working, call South County Air Services at (949) 933-3130. We’re a heating company that provides quality heating repair services in Irvine, CA, and we’ll be happy to help you get your heating system back up and running.
Issues That Can Be Solved By Resetting A Heating Unit
- A heating unit that isn’t working
- A heating unit that isn’t providing enough heat
- A heating unit that has stopped working
Obtain The Reliable Heating Repair Service You Deserve
When you search for a heating company near me, the company you can trust to do the job right is South County Air Services. Call us at (949) 933-3130 to schedule a quality heating repair service in Irvine, CA. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible service.
No matter what type of heating system you have, we have the experience and knowledge to troubleshoot and fix the problem. We’ll work quickly and efficiently to get your heating system up and running again so you can stay warm all winter.
Contact us today to schedule a heating service.